Friday, July 15, 2011

I'll be the Special Guest on The Story Worthy Podcast on Sunday! - Barking Dogs!

This Sunday afternoon, I'll be taping an episode of the most excellent Story Worthy Podcast with Christine Blackburn and Hannes Phinney. Christine and Hannes are accomplished actors and storytellers in their own right and have created a very funny, extremely pleasant and professional podcast that features one guest storyteller on one theme each week. The Story Worthy Podcast is in the Top 10 Comedy Podcasts at itunes!


I'll be talking about the spirit-crushing, desperate and dire living situation in which destiny has imprisoned me:  having a neighbor with a relentlessly barking, obnoxious Yorkshire Terrier. It's a story of Man vs. Beast, of Neighbor's Inhumanity to Neighbor. 


As many of you know, I did a live, one-person show about my neighbor, Irene, and her dog, Sophie, entitled "Buried in Sophie's Tomb - My Barking Dog Log to the West Hollywood Sheriff's Dept." (more info > here) which enjoyed an extended run at The Fake, played at The Actors Art Theater, and was an LA Weekly  Recommended Event at The Comedy Central Stage. ...But since that show has ended, and the giggling, wine-sipping, everything-in-life-is-wonderful theater audiences have gone their way, everything with my neighbor and her dog has only gotten worse. - WORSE! - Life just keeps pounding me with its misery hammer... 


And so the story continues at The Story Worthy Podcast. It will air at their site and on itunes very soon (not sure of the date), unless, of course, Christine and Hannes find it just too soul-destroying, too sad, too pathetic - too frighteningly close to the truth and pain of the human condition to air at this time to the masses. - I'll keep you informed!


RL

No comments:

Post a Comment